We have a new exciting opportunity, don’t miss out! Here at Brown Brothers Distribution we are currently looking a Warehouse Operative to come and join our team based out of Overland Park, Gelderd Road, Leeds. This is a full time, permanent position.
About the Warehouse Operative role
To ensure all goods in products are checked and put away in the correct location. To collate and assemble all customer orders ensuring they are picked accurately and efficiently to meet customer demand.
Key Responsibilities of our Warehouse Operative
- Ensure all new goods received are checked off, put away into the correct bin location and any shortages are reported to the Supervisor immediately
- Pick customer orders quickly and accurately in order to meet delivery cut-off times
- Ensure the warehouse is kept clean and tidy and all fire exits and walkways are free from obstructions
- Ensure Company H&S procedures are followed and that you have due regard for Health and Safety of yourself and others at all times, particularly when handling items which are inflammable, corrosive or toxic
- Carry out paint mixing as required
- Maintain stock, Warehouse, Trade Counter and display areas in a clean and tidy condition
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required
- Use computer system to ensure correct paperwork is completed as required
- Support the rest of the team in answering phone or counter as required by the business
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required in the course of your employment that fall within your competence and ability
What we’re looking for in our Warehouse Operative
- An organised approach to work including ability to work alone on your task as directed
- The ability to meet pick requirements to ensure customer orders are ready on time.
- Proactive with a positive approach to issues
- Self-motivated and a team player
- An awareness and understanding of the bigger / wider Company picture
- Must be prepared to take ownership, accountability and responsibility in this role
- Flexibility and willingness to cover other roles as and when required. E.g. to cover long term sickness and / holidays
Internal training will be provided but it would be advantageous to have formal training and /or a qualification in some or all of the following areas:
- Warehousing (picking / packing)
- Logistics / transport experience
- Health & Safety
Must be physically fit as role will involve bending, and lifting to a maximum of 25kg.
If you would like to join our team as our new Warehouse Operative then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!